- submitted by Dahlia on 12-19-2007
Onion - 1
Buttermilk - 2/3 cup
Oil - for frying
All-purpose flour (Maida) - 1 cup
Salt - to taste
Baking powder - 1 tsp
1. Peel the onion, slice into 1/4 inch thick pieces and separate into rings.
2. Soak the rings in buttermilk for 30 minutes.
3. Mix all the ingrediants under "batter" and keep it in a plate.
4. Heat oil in a deep pot for frying.
5. Take few onion rings at a time from the buttermilk, coat it with the flour mixture and fry it.
6. Drain excess oil using a paper towel.
- All the ingrediants under "batter" ban be combined with buttermilk and 1 egg to form
a wet batter similar to wet batter. The rings can be dipped in that and fried too.