- Submitted by Dahlia on 16th Oct 2008
(Chaat Papdi, Papdis For Chat)
Recipe For Papdi
Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
- Carom seeds - 1 tsp
- Oil - for frying
- Salt - to taste
Mix the flour with required salt and carom seeds.
- Adding little water at a time knead to form a firm dough.
- Take a lemon sized ball of the dough and roll it out into a big chappatti.
- Prick the entire surface of the chappatti with a fork to prevent it from puffing up while frying.
- Using a cookie cutter or the lid of any small box, cut out small circles.
- Fry them till they are nice and golden brown.
- Have it as a snack by itself or to make other chaat items. You can store it in an airtight container for up to a month.
For a healthier twist, you can also bake the papdis. Arrange the rolled out circles in a cookie sheet/ baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for about 10 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
More Chaat Recipes