-Submitted by Dahlia on 17th Nov 2007
(Peas Pulav, Matar Pulao, Pattani Sadam)
- Basmati rice – 2 cups
- Green peas - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 big/ 2 small (cut lengthwise)
- Ginger- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chilli -3 (finely chopped)
- Bay leaf - 1
- Cloves - 3
- Cinnamon stick - 2
- Cardamon - 2
- Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
- Water - 2 cups
- Coconut milk (diluted with water) – 1.5 cups
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Fried curry leaves – 8-10 (for ganish)
- Coriander leaves( Cilantro) – for garnish
Soak the basmati rice in water for 10 minutes and drain the water completely. Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan and fry the rice till it releases a nice aroma. Remove and keep aside.
- Now heat oil and the remaining ghee in the pan and add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and cumin seeds.
Add the green chillies, onions and ginger-garlic paste and fry everything for 5 minutes until the everything becomes tender.
- Now add this mixture along with salt, green peas, fried rice, coconut milk and water in a rice cooker.
Once the rice is done, garnish with cilantro. Serve with spicy chicken curry.
More Rice Varieties