- Submitted by Dahlia on 29th Jan 2008
Recipe For Samosa
- Tortilla/Spring roll sheets - 4
Potato - 2 (boiled and cubed)
- Carrot - 1 (boiled and chopped)
Green peas - 1 cup
- Cilantro - handful (chopped)
Green chilly - 2
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
Corriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
Cashews - 6-7
- Lime - 1/2
Salt - to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, fry the cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste, green chillies and cashew nuts.
Add the boiled potato pieces, boiled carrot pieces and green peas along with salt, chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and cilantro.
- Cook for 2 minutes for the flavors to blend together. Add few drops of lemon at the end. The filling is ready.
For the outer covering, cut a tortilla in half.
- Make a cone shape as shown in the picture. Stuff the filling inside.
Seal the edges using egg or with few drops of water.
- Deep fry in oil till it becomes golden brown.
Drain excess oil using paper towel and serve hot with some ketchup or mint chutney.
- This is just one example of filling. Any filling can be made with any vegetables on hand. Even left over side dishes can be used as filling.
- You can also make non veg samosas with kheema masala.
- Instead of tortillas, the outer covering can be made at home. Use maida and make like chapattis, cut into half and fill it.
- Other alternatives to tortilla are frozen uncooked chapattis or spring roll sheets. The picture above shows samosas made with spring roll sheets.
Steps With Images
Take a tortilla/ spring roll sheet/ chapatti
Cut it into half
Shape it into a cone
Stuff the cone with the potato filling
Deep fry till the covering turns golden brown and crisp
More Indian Snack Recipes