- recipe by Inara submitted on 01-06-2009
Mutton - 1 kg
Onions - 2 (chopped)
Brown Onion Paste - 1/2 cup
Tomato - 3 (pureed)
Yogurt - 1 1/2 cup
Potatoes - 2 (each cut into 4 pieces)
Ginger Paste - 2 tblsp
Garlic Paste - 2 tblsp
Corriander leaves & Mint leaves paste - 3 tblsp
Cashew nut Paste - 2 tblsp
Bay Leaf - 2
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilly Powder - 1 tblsp
Garam Masala Powder - 2 tblsp
White Salt & Black Salt - to taste
1. Marinate the mutton with 1 tblsp. oil, yoghurt, white salt, 1 tblsp. garam masala powder, coriander/pudina paste, ginger/garlic paste, for atleast 2 hours. If overnight, cover with plastic foil & refrigerate.
2. Heat 6 tblsp oil. Add bay leaves (tejpatta) & chopped onion and fry well until onion turns pink.
3. Add mutton, fry it well. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, tomato puree and fry well until oil separates.
4. Now let mutton cook either using pressure cooker or in a vessel.
5. As the mutton is nearing to cook add the potatoes and let them cook along with mutton.
6. After mutton is cooked add brown onion paste, cashew (kaju) paste, 1 tblsp. garam masala powder and black salt.
7. Garnish with finely chopped green coriander. Serve with pav/naan/roti.