- recipe by Mubeen submitted on 10-05-2009
(Soya Granules Gravy, Mealmaker Potato Curry, Soya Kurma, Vegetarian Meat Curry)
Soya Chunks or Granules (Usually comes in Nutrela Brand) - 3/4 cup if using granules & 1.5 cup if using chunks
potato - 1 medium size
Onion -1 medium size
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Meat Masala Powder (any brand of your choice) - about 1 tblsp
Whole garam masala - 1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon, 2-3 cloves, 2-3 cardomoms
salt - as needed
oil - 1 tblsp
For Grinding (optional)
coconut - 4 tblsps
Cumin/Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp
SOYA CURRY WITH SOYA GRANULES
1. In a kadai, pour some oil. When it gets heated up splutter the whole garam masala.
2. Fry the onions immediately till it becomes soft.
3. Add the GG paste. Once the mixture (onion and GG paste) is little done, put the tomatoes.
4. After they get little cooked, add the potatoes cut in small cubes.
5. Add the meat masala powder and turmeric powder and give a toss till the mixture gets coated good with masala.
6. In the meantime, soak the soya chunks or the granules for few minutes and boil in the microwave for 3 mts.Then squish the water out and clean it up before putting in the mixture.
7. Add the soya chunks or granules to the mixture.Let it mix well.
8. Once the whole mixture gets little boiled and coated with masala pour the ground mixture (coconut and cumin seeds) into the gravy. This gives more richness to the gravy.
9. Add required water and salt. Let it come to a boil and let it simmer for few minutes brfore switching off.
SOYA CURRY WITH SOYA CHUNKS
- Soya Chunks provide much better taste with potatoes than soya granules. When using soya granules, you can avoid the potatoes also.