- Submitted by Mubeen
(Soya Granules Gravy, Meal Maker Potato Curry, Soya Kurma, Vegetarian Meat Curry, Soy Curry)
Soya Curry With Soya Chunks
Recipe For Soy Curry
- Soya Chunks or Granules (Usually comes in Nutrela Brand) - 3/4 cup if using granules & 1.5 cup if using chunks
- Potato - 1 medium size
- Onion -1 medium size
- Tomato -1
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Meat Masala Powder (any brand of your choice) - about 1 tbsp
- Whole garam masala - 1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon, 2-3 cloves, 2-3 cardamoms
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 1 tbsp
For Grinding (Optional)
- Coconut - 4 tbsp
- Cumin/Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp
- In a kadai, pour some oil. When it gets heated up splutter the whole garam masala.
- Fry the onions immediately till it becomes soft.
- Add the GG paste. Once the mixture (onion and GG paste) is little done, put the tomatoes.
- After they get little cooked, add the potatoes cut in small cubes.
- Add the meat masala powder and turmeric powder and give a toss till the mixture gets coated good with masala.
- In the meantime, soak the soya chunks or the granules for few minutes and boil in the microwave for 3 minutes.Then squish the water out and clean it up before putting in the mixture.
- Add the soya chunks or granules to the mixture.Let it mix well.
- Once the whole mixture gets little boiled and coated with masala pour the ground mixture (coconut and cumin seeds) into the gravy. This gives more richness to the gravy.
- Add required water and salt. Let it come to a boil and let it simmer for few minutes before switching off.
- Soya Chunks provide much better taste with potatoes than soy granules. When using soya granules, you can avoid the potatoes also.
Soya Curry With Soy Granules
More Soy Recipes