- Submitted by Dahlia on 6th Nov 2008
(Ladiesfinger fry, Okra Fry, Vendakkai Fry, Bhindi Fry, Kovakai Fry, Ivygourd Fry, Tindoora Fry)
Recipe For Vegetable Fry
Vegetable - 3/4 lb (sliced in an angle/ cut in circles - You can use ladies-finger, ivy gourd, bitter gourd, beans, broccoli, cauliflower, potato etc for this type of fry)
- Onion - 1/4 (sliced) (For better taste use half a cup of onion pakoda or fried onions)
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Cashew nuts- 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Amchoor powder - 1 tsp (If you do not have amchoor powder, you can use little tamarind juice/ vinegar too.)
- Chilly Powder - 1 tsp (or as needed)
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala - a pinch
- Gram flour/ Rice flour - 4 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 strand
Mix the cut vegetable with onion slices, cashew pieces, amchoor powder, chilly powder, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, gram flour, garam masala, curry leaves and salt.
- Add few drops of water to mix if the mixture is too dry.
- Heat a non stick pan and splutter some mustard seeds.
- Turn the flame to high and when the oil is smoking hot, add the above mixture to it.
- Stir fry over high flame for 10 minutes or till the okra is nicely cooked and becomes crunchy.
- Serve this with rice and dal or with chapatti.
More Vegetable Fry Recipes