- recipe by Dahlia submitted on 08-13-2012
(Cauliflower Fry, Poomuttaikose Varuval)
Cauliflower - 1 (cut into florets)
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilly Powder - 2 tsp
Chichen 65 masala (any brand) - 1 tblsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Rice Flour (or corn flour) - 2 tblsp
Oil - for deep frying
Salt - to taste
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets. Put it in hot salted water for about 5 minutes.
2. Drain the florets and take it in a mixing bowl.
3. Add required salt, chilly powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, chicken 65 masala and rice flour.
4. Mix well so that all the florets are coated well. The moisture in the florets will help the spices to stick to it.
5. Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying. Drop a few florets and deep fry till golden brown and crispy.
6. Drain the excess oil in a kitchen towel. Fry the rest of the florets in batches.
Serve with lemon rice
, tomato rice
, curd rice
or any other variety rice