- submitted by Dahlia on 01-24-2008
(Zucchini Pachadi, Zucchini Thuvayal, Zucchini Chammandhi)
Zucchini - 1 (washed, peeled and cubed)
Green Chillies - 3 (chopped)
Tamarind pulp - 1/2 tsp
Urad dal - 2 tblsp
Coconut (grated) - 2 tblsp (optional)
Garlic - 1 clove
Asaefoetida - a pinch
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Cilantro - handful
Curry leaves - 4
Red chilly - 1
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tblsp
1. Heat little oil in a pan, roast the urad dal and grated coconut till a nice aroma
come. Keep it aside.
2. Next add zucchini pieces and green chillies to the same pan and fry till it becomes tender.
3. Add the garlic, tamarind, Asaefoetida, cumin seeds and cilantro and saute for few minutes.
4. Gind all the above ingrediants along with the roasted dal and grated coconut in a blender. Grind it to a fine paste with little water.
5. Heat oil in a pan, splutter the mustard seeds, curry leaves and dry red chilly.
6. Add it to the ground mixture. Serve with plain white rice or idlis.