- Submitted by Pravaniya
(Chinese style Fish Roast)
Jump to recipe ↓
Are you among those who loves to cook exotic meals on weekends? Do you love to experiment with new flavours? If yes, then this recipe is for you. This Chinese style fish recipe is different from the usual Indian preparations yet perfectly suitable for the Indian palate.
These days more are more people are turning to high protein diet. Indian food is dominated by carbs. It is definitely a good idea to have a high protein meal at least once a day. This fish meal is an ideal high protein diet. Here whole fish is cooked with Chinese sauces. Served with some salad, noodles and mock-tail, this makes a perfect dinner option.
Today I have made this Chinese Fish Roast using Silver Pomfret. It can be made with other fishes like Red Snapper, Black Pomfret or Mackerel. Be sure to give this recipe a try.
Recipe for Chinese Fish Roast
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Fish- 1 (Red Snapper will be good, but i could not find fresh snapper so i used Pomfret)
- Vegetable Oil - 3 tbsp
- Chopped ginger - 3 tsp
- Chopped garlic - 3 tsp
- Chopped Green chilies - 2
- Chopped Onion - 1 big
- Red Chili powder - 1.5 tsp
- Soy Sauce - 3 tsp
- Tomato sauce - 2 tbsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Water - 1 cup
- Chopped coriander leaves (or spring onions) - 2 tbsp (for garnishing)
- Pour oil in a heated pan and add chopped ginger and garlic.
- When it turns brown, add green chillies.
- Saute for a min and then add chopped onions (add salt at this time).
- Saute till onion turns brown and add red chili powder.
- Mix well and then add soy sauce. Then add a cup of water.
- When it starts boiling keep the fish on top of the sauce (Make sure the fish has alteast 3 cuts on both sides to enable the sauce to seep in).
- Once the fish is inside the pan, take sauce with a spoon and fill the cuts with sauce.
- Close the lid and cook it in medium flame for about 5 min one side. Turn the fish carefully, (it will break easily) and cook for another 5 more min (If you want it well cooked keep it couple of more minutes)
- Add Tomato sauce and mix it well with the sauce (again be careful not to break the fish).
- Sprinkle black pepper on the fish. After couple of minutes stop the heat and garnish with coriander leaves or spring onions.
Serving Chinese Roast
- Serve this as a meal by itself with some beverage.
- It can be served along with some salad, coleslaw, fries or noodles.
More Fish Recipes