- Submitted by Dahlia
(Clarified Butter, Neyi, Toop)
Ghee (Clarified Butter)
Jump to recipe ↓
Simple recipe for making Ghee (Clarified Butter, Neyi, Toop) at home. Let see hot to make homemade ghee.
Recipe For Ghee
Unsalted Butter - as needed
- Take a heavy bottomed sauce pan and put the unsalted Butter in it.
- Keep it in low-medium heat and let the butter melt.
- Let it simmer on low heat for the next 15-25 minutes. (Time depends on the quantity of butter.)
- Lot of foam will be formed on the top. Gradually, the color will change to golden brown.
- At this stage, switch off the flame and let it cool down.
- Strain it to get rid of the milk fats and store it in a clean and dry container.
- Store this in room temperature or in the fridge and use whenever needed for gravies, pulavs and for rotis.
More Homemade Items