- Submitted by Aishwarya R Iyer
Jump to recipe ↓
The health benefits of almonds include getting relief from constipation, respiratory disorders, cough, heart disorders, anemia, impotency and diabetes. It also helps in hair care, skin care (psoriasis) and dental care.Both sweet and bitter almonds are available. Usually, sweet almonds are edible and bitter almonds are used to make almond oil, which is used to add flavor to food. Almonds are also known to have great medicinal value. It is good for brain/heart, regulates cholesterol/blood pressure. One avoids the risk of Alzheimer's disease by consuming almonds. But just like any other food, even almonds have their cons. They contain oxalates and excessive oxalates can cause crystallization. So people having kidney or gallbladder problems should avoid eating almonds. Almonds may reduce both blood pressure and blood sugar levels. However, keep in mind that almonds have a lot of calories and fat. They should only be consumed in moderation to avoid excess weight gain
The information of health benefits/effects are provided from internet surfing. For more detailed information, you can surf.
Recipe For Badam Pakoda
Preparation time: 30-45 mts
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Shelf life: hot and fresh.
- 1 cup Badam (Almonds)
- 4 tsp Rice flour
- 4 tsp Gram flour (Besan)
- 4 tsp Finely chopped onion
- 4 tsp Finely chopped coriander leaves
- 4 Slices of bread
- Black pepper powder, Black salt, Chat masala, Chilli powder as per your taste
- Oil for frying
Note: Measurement is taken with the measuring cup available in the market.
- Soak the almonds for 3-4 hours in water.
- Remove the skin and grate the same in cheese grater.
- Remove the border of the bread and crush the bread.
- Mix all the ingredients to form a dough. If need be, sprinkle little water.
- When you take the same in your hand to make round/elongated shape, the same should be binding.
- When the desired shape is made, deep fry them and serve hot with chutney/sauce.
More Almond Recipes