- Submitted by Dahlia
(Broccoli Egg Bhurjee, Broccoli Egg Stir Fry, Broccoli Muttai Poriyal, Broccoli aur Ande ki Bhurji)
Jump to recipe ↓
Egg Bhurji as I have shared before is the Indian style of making scrambled eggs. It is made with eggs only. At times different vegetables are included with it. It not only makes it more nutritious but also makes eating the vegetable an enjoyable experience. I make this often at home as my daughter would eat the vegetable without much fuss. I have already shared varieties of bhurji like asparagus bhurji and cauliflower bhuji. This time I want to share Brocooli Bhurji.
I know many of my friends looking for ways to make broccoli after knowing about its health benefits. This is one interesting way of making broccoli for those who eat eggs. It goes well with chapathi, rice and even inside a sandwich. Be sure to try it out.
Recipe for Broccoli Egg Bhurji
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Broccoli - 1 (finely chopped)
- Eggs - 3 (beaten)
- Onion - 1 (chopped)
- Green Chillies - 3-4
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 strand
- Wash the broccoli, chop it into florets and then cut each floret into smaller pieces. The smaller the pieces you cut, the more tasty the dish will be. You can also use a food processor to roughly chop it.
- Heat oil in a kadai and pop the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal add curry leaves.
- Saute the chopped onions and green chillies.
- When the onions turn golden brown, add the chopped broccoli. Add required salt and let it cook for a couple of minutes. Broccoli gets cooked in 2 - 3 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, break open the eggs in a separate bowl and beat it using a fork.
- Add this beaten eggs to the broccoli. Also add some crushed black pepper. Do not disturb for the next couple of minutes.
- Toss everything together and stir fry for the next 2-3 minutes. The eggs should get cooked and sort of fried. Switch off at this stage.
Serving Broccoli Bhurji
- Serve this with rice, as a side dish for chapatti or serve as a salad.
- It can also be used as filling to make sandwiches or wraps.
More Broccoli Recipes