-Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Instant Carrot Curry, Carrot Gravy)
Today I am going to share the recipe of an instant carrot curry. This curry is a good choice to make quickly for unexpected guest. If you have idli/dosa batter at home, you can make this instant curry and serve with idlis or crispy dosas.
Recipe For Carrot Curry
Preparation time: 20minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Carrot - 1 big (or 2 small)
- Sambar Onion - 1 cup
- Tomato - 1 (finely chopped)
- Sambar Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Jaggery 1 tsp
- Tamarind pulp - 2 tbsp (optional)
- Salt - to taste
- Coriander Leaves - handful (finely chopped)
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Pressure cook the carrot, grind the same in a mixer and keep aside
- In a vessel, cook the onions by adding salt and turmeric powder.
- When it is half cooked, add the sambar powder, pepper powder and jaggery.
- Add the tomatoes, carrot pulp and cook for another five minutes till the tomatoes are cooked.
- Adjust the consistency, if needed add water.
- Finely temper with the items mentioned in tempering and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. A very quick carrot curry is ready to be served.
More Carrot Recipes