- Submitted by Dahlia
(Shredded Chicken And Spinach Bagutte)
Baguette is a French bread which has a thick crust. I am a big fan of this bread. I love to toast this bread and enjoy with some chicken clear soup or any other soup. The bread soaks up the juices and tastes utterly delicious. Another popular use of this bread is to make bruschetta, the recipe of which I will share soon. It can also be used to make sandwiches.
Though Baguette originated in France, it is found all over the world. I’ve seen it being widely used in America. In India, many big bakeries make this bread. I bought Baguette from ‘Hot Breads’ in Chennai. If you have never tried it before, be sure to grab one when you go shopping next. It has a very unique texture, shape and taste.
I’ve shared a simple chicken sandwich recipe made with baguette bread. This is something that I often make at home since I always have poached chicken on hand. I have shared my recipe of making chicken stock and poached chicken in bulk. The chicken can be substituted with shrimp or canned tuna. Vegetarians can use boiled chickpeas as an alternative. You can add some extra ingredients like olives, cheese, other greens etc. as per your taste. It is one of the simplest yet tastiest sandwiches.
Recipe For Chicken Baguette Sandwich
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Baguette – ½
- Poached Chicken – 1 cup (shredded)
- Spinach – 2 cups (chopped roughly)
- Onion – ¼ cup (chopped)
- Cilantro (or Parsley) – 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Crushed Black Pepper – to taste
- Cut the baguette in half or in 4 pieces. Slice it lengthwise to make the sandwich.
- Drizzle some olive oil in the baguette and toast it in the stove top grill. If not, you can bake it in a 400 degree F( 200 degree C) oven for about 10 minutes.
- The ingredients of the stuffing, you can simply mix in a bowl. Since I have my poached shredded chicken in the freezer most of the time, I heat up a pan with 1 tbsp of oil, add the chicken pieces and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until it is nice and dry.
- After switching off the stove I mix the chopped spinach, cilantro, onions, salt, black pepper and lemon juice with it. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Now spoon this mixture on the toasted baguette evenly. Put the top of the baguette and serve. I haven't added cheese of any kind but ofcourse it can be added.
Serving Chicken Baguette Sandwich
- Chicken Baguette Sandwich can be served by itself if you are looking for a light meal idea.
- To make a complete meal, serve it along side some french fries, sweet potato fries, pickled vegetables, soup, potato chips, pasta salad or any other salad.
More Sandwich Recipes