- Submitted by Dahlia
(Bread Omelet, Savory Bread Omelette)
Bread Omelette is one of the quickest breakfast recipes that you can put together that is also very tasty and filling. It is quite common to find bread omelette in railway stations, college canteens and some small roadside stalls.
In our house, we make it very often during busy weekdays and also during travels. It is very easy to pack for lunch or picnics. It is one of the simplest dishes for beginners or bachelors to try. You can make it simple or spice it up. You could also add a few veggies and make it more nutritious.
Here I have shared the recipe for Masala Bread Omelette with spices. Adults will enjoy it. If you are making for kids, just keep it simple with salt and pepper.
Recipe For Bread Omelette
Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time: 10 min
- Bread slices – 4
- Eggs – 3
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Green Chili – 1 (finely chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper Powder – ¼ tsp
- Butter – for toasting
Other optional ingredients
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Cilantro (Coriander Leaves) – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Cheese - 2 tbsp (shredded)
- Veggies like Capsicum, Tomato, Mushroom, Spinach – ¼ cup (finely chopped)
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl. Beat it nicely with 1 tbsp of water till it is frothy.
- Add finely chopped onions, green chilies, salt and pepper and mix it. (Note : - This is the authentic Indian Bread Omelette. However, some vendors these days sell spiced up bread omelette with finely chopped veggies and cheese. It tastes very delicious and adults would love to have it that way. If you want to try it, just add all the spices, cheese and veggies as per your choice along with the egg mixture.)
- Heat a wide pan or griddle on medium low heat. Grease it with some butter and pour a ladleful of the egg mixture and spread it.
- Immediately, place a slice of bread over the egg mixture on the left side and another on the right.
- Cook for about 30 sec. Using a wide spatula, gently flip the eggs along with the bread slices. Now the bread slices will touch the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for another 30-40 seconds will the bread is crisp and toasted. Fold the egg such that one bread is over the other and the omelette is in between forming a perfect sandwich.
- Instead of placing the bread over the eggs, you can toast is separately and make the omelette separately. You can later assemble the sandwich and enjoy.
More Recipes With Egg