- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Bajji Milagai Kootu)
I never tried chilli subzi in my life till such time I enjoyed the dish at my Cousin's place at Calicut. It was a simple, easy and tasty dish. I got the chance only today to make it. In Mumbai, we get the chilli for making bhajiyas. In Kerala, she was saying, it is a kind of chilli somewhat little bit white/greenish in color only available in a particular season. In Tamilnadu banana pepper is called as bajji milagai, as it is predominantly used form making milagai bajji. Hope you will also enjoy the same.
Recipe For Chilli Sabzi
Preparation time: less than 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- 100 gms Chillies (the one we buy for bhajia)
- 2 tbsp oil (i used coconut oil)
- Salt as required
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2-3 Curry leaves
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 3 tbsp Sour curd
- Cut the chillies into small pieces.
- Heat kadai, put oil. When it becomes hot, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Add the chopped chilly, turmeric powder, salt and mix well, cover it and cook for 5 minutes.
- Beat the curd with a teaspoon and add the same to the chilly and cook till the curd is dried up. Chilli sabzi is ready to be served.
- Serve hot with rice as an accompaniment to molagootal, dal etc.
More Chili Pepper (Mirchi) Recipes