- Submitted by Apoorva
(Makai Kofta, Corn Balls)
A very good and tempting starter for parties, picnics, or kids parties and a healthy snack for kiddies tiffin box.
Recipe For Corn Rolls
Preparation time: 10 minutes.
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes.
Shelf Life: fresh and hot
- 1 cup Par boiled and crushed corn kernels
- ½ cup Par boiled corn kernels
- 4 medium sized Hard boiled potatoes
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 3-4 slices Bread or 1/2 cup Bread crumbs
- 5-6 pods of Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- 3-4 Green chillies
- ½ tsp Amchur powder
- ½ tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Black salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves
- Oil for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the hard boiled potatoes, crushed corn and whole corn kernels.
- Crush garlic, ginger and chillies in a mixier and add to it.
- Add finely chopped coriander and the seasonings viz. salt, black salt, sugar, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, amchur powder and mix well.
- Add the corn flour and bread slices or bread crumbs and combine the same well.
- Make small balls out of it and press the tooth pick into it like a lollipop.
- Heat oil in a vessel and deep fry them on high heat till golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or coriander mint chutney.
More Corn Recipes