- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Amla Juice, Nellikai Juice)
Gooseberry is a rich Source of Vitamin C. The vitamin C in amla helps in dilating the blood vessels and thereby lowering the blood pressure. If your blood cholesterol troubles you, then take gooseberry (amla) everyday. The amla fruit contains more than 80% of water. It also has protein, carbohydrate, fiber, minerals and vitamins. It is good for diabetic also.
Recipe For Gooseberry Sharbat
Preparation time:15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Gooseberry - 2
- Water - 250 ml
- Sugar - 3-4 tbsp
- Salt, Black Pepper Powder, Chaat Masala, Roasted Cumin Powder and Black Salt - as per taste
- Boil the gooseberry in 1/2 cup water.
- When it becomes soft, remove from the gas and allow it to cool.
- Press with your hand to remove the seed. Put it in blender with remaining water, sugar, salt and grind it.
- Strain and add chaat masala, black pepper powder, cumin powder, black salt as per your taste.
- Stir well, add 2 ice cubes serve chilled.
More Gooseberry Recipes