- Submitted by Dahlia
(Avocado dip, Avocado-based dip)
Avocado is one of the healthiest fruit that contains more than 25 essential nutrients. It is also full of goo fats and hence reduces cholesterol. It is also called butter fruit in India due to its soft buttery flesh. It is quite bland in taste but adapts very well to savory and sweet combinations. I love to make milk shakes and smoothies with avocados. Avocado slices with some sugar sandwiched between two slices of bread make a very quick and healthy breakfast.
On the savory side, guacamole i one of my all time favorite. It can be served with some tortilla chips or used to top any Mexican dishes. I love to make avocado egg sandwich with some guacamole and fried egg. I will share the recipe some time soon. For now, here is the recipe for a quick and delicious guacamole.
Recipe For Guacamole
- Avocados - 1
- Onion / Spring onion (finely chopped) - 2 tbsp
- Lime or lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Cilantro (finely hopped) - 1 tbsp
- Jalapeno (seeded and finely chopped) - 1/2
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper Powder - a pinch
- Cut the avocado into half. Remove the seed using a spoon.
- Scoop the flesh of the avocado using the same spoon and take into a bowl.
- Mash it roughly with a fork to your desired texture. It tastes good when it is chunky.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Adjust all the ingredients to suit to your taste.
- This can be served with some tortilla chips as an appetizer or as evening snack.
- You can use this as a topping for all Mexican dishes like tacos, chimichanga etc.
- It can also be used as a spread to make sandwiches.
- The above recipe is my favorite way of making Guacamole. However you can also add some chopped tomatoes, cumin powder or garlic according to your taste.
Other Avocado Recipes