- submitted by Dahlia on 02-06-2008
(Avocado Smoothie, Butter fruit Milkshake)
Avocado is a super fruit that is full of healthy fats and antioxidants. It is good to include avocado in your diet once in a week.
Do check out the recipes of avocado salad and avocado chutney. I will soon be sharing more recipes like avocado sandwich, guacamole etc.
Today I would like to share a very very delicious beverage made with avocado. Avocado Smoothies are very common in western countries. In India, I once got to taste Butter fruit (avocado) milkshake in a restaurant. It has become a staple in our house ever since. The creamy texture of the fruit and the pleasant light green color makes this very eye appealing. The recipe of avocado milk shake is very simple. I have also shared a few variations below that you might be interested in trying.
- Avocado - 1
- Milk - 2 cups
- Sugar - 4 tblsp
- Ice cubes - as needed
- Using a sharp knife cut lengthwise around the avocado. Follow the contour of the avocado by letting the knife blade touching the large pit to get 2 halves.
- Pull the two lengthwise pieces apart gently.
- Using a knife, remove the pit. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh.
- Add the flesh along with milk, sugar and ice cubes.
- Blend everything well to get a creamy milkshake. Serve as a yummy yummy refreshing drink.
- You can substitute sugar with honey to make it more healthier.
- You can make a Vegan Avocado Smoothie by substituting milk with almond milk or soy milk.
- The above measurements give a thinner milkshake. If you love to have a thicker Avocado smoothie, reduce the amount of milk and add some yogurt.
- You can also combine other fruits along with avocado like banana, mango, kiwi, sapotta, blueberries, papaya, apple etc.
Other Recipes with Avocado