- Submitted by Dahlia
(Achaar Masala, Pickle spice powder)
Homemade Pickle Masala is a blend of fresh aromatic spices that can be ground together and stored for few month and used to make instant pickles with any vegetables any time at your own home kitchen.
Recipe For Pickle Masala
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds - 1 cup
- Turmeric powder - 2 tbsp
- Red Chilies - 2.5 cups
- Asafoetida - 1 tbsp
- Spread all the ingredients in a dry plate and dry it in the hot sun for about a day. This step is optional but speeds up the roasting process.
- Dry roast the ingredients in medium low flame for few minutes. Be careful not to burn it.
- You can also roast the ingredients using a oven. Spread it in a tray and roast it for about half an hour in a 200 degree F oven.
- Grind it to a fine powder using a mixie. If you are making a large batch, you can grind it in the flour mill.
Achar masala powder is now ready. You can store it for months and use it to prepare instant pickles.
More Pickle Recipes