-Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Instant Buttermilk Curry, Mor Kulambu, Kachya Moru, 10 Minutes Moru Curry)
Here is a simple and instant moru curry that can be made for sudden guests or during busy days.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: less than 10 minutes.
Recipe For Instant Moru Curry
- Vegetable of choice - 1/2 cup (You could use any vegetable like cucumber, pumpkin, raw banana, okra, yam etc. Here I have used 1/2 cup of chopped elephant foot yam)
- Red Chili Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Rice powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Sugar or jaggery - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Chopped green coriander leaves - for garnishing
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Dry Red Chili - 1
- Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
- Cook the yam or any vegetable of your choice in a vessel by adding salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and black pepper powder.
- Add the rice powder in 2 tbsp water mix well and add to the cooked vegetables.
- When it comes to boil, add the jaggery and cook till it dissolves.
- Then add the beaten curd. Mix well and switch off the gas.
- Season with the ingredients mentioned under seasoning.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Moru curry is ready to be served.
- You can also use chundakkai, manathakali or anyother vattals instead of vegetables.
- Serve hot with steamed rice, kichadi or chapatti. This simple curry tastes really good.
More Buttermilk/Curd Recipes