- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 05-16-2012
(Sorghum Flatbread, Jwari Roti)
Boiled Potatoes - 2 (medium sized)
Jowar flour - 1 cup
Salt - to taste
Green chilli - 1 , 1" piece Ginger, 2 Garlic cloves - (Make a paste out of these)
turmeric powder a pinch
oil/ghee - as needed
1. Mash the potatoes, add all the other ingredients and make a dough out of it.
2. If need be add little water. You can add two teaspoonful of wheat flour/rice flour too (optional).
3. After making the dough, make three part of it and roll it with the roller pin.
4. While rolling, you should be very careful as it is likely to break. You must do this very gently. To avoid this, you canadd two teaspoonful of wheat flour or rice flour.
5. Make the paratha as usual in the tava by adding oil/ghee as per your choice.
- You can use bajra flour instead of jowar flour.
- You can add finely chopped onion too.