- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 28th Sep 2015
(Mango Flower Pickle, Maampoo Pachadi)
Mango flower has a slight bitter taste (thuvarpu). So its taste may not be appreciated by everyone. I have tried to make a sweet chutney with it.
- Mango Flower - 4 tbsp
- Grated Coconut - 4 tbsp
- Dry red chili - 2 or 3
- Jaggery - 2 tbsp
- Tamarind Pulp - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - a pinch
- Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- In a vessel, cook the mango flower for 5 minutes.
- Add the tamarind pulp and cook for another 10 minutes. Remove from stove and cool it.
- Fry the red chilies in little oil.
- Mix all the above ingredients - cooked flower, cumin, jaggery, coconut, red chilies and salt. Grind it to a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a small kadai and season with the seasoning ingredients.
- Transfer the ground pachadi to the kadai and boil for 2 minutes.Your sweet mango flower pachadi is ready to serve.
- This can be served with chapati, curd rice or white rice.
More Recipes With Mango Flower