(Peerkangai Aatu Kulambu, Berakaya Maamsam)
- recipe by Padmaja Reddy submitted on 05-04-2012
Here I am presenting a new and tasty dish, mutton with ridge gourd for those who love to eat nonveg.
Mutton - 500gms
Ridge gourd pieces - 150 gms
Groundnut oil - 2 spoons
Turmeric Powder (haldi) - 1/4 spoon
Red chilli powder - 1 spoon
Salt - to taste
Onion paste - 1cup
Cloves and pepper powder - 1 spoon
Coconut paste - 1/2 cup
Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
Garlic paste - 1 spoon
1. Heat oil in a pan or clay pot.
2. Add the onion paste with turmeric powder. Fry until brown.
3. Add the mutton pieces. Mix chilli powder and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Next add the ridgegourd pieces with clove and pepper powder.
5. Finally mix in the coconut paste with salt. Cook for a while.
6. Before serving add coriander leaves. This is a tasty dish.