- Submitted by Dahlia
(Oats Banana Cookies)
Jump to recipe ↓
Oatmeal Banana Cookie is one of my daughters favourite. She enjoys it any time. I am happy to make it any time too because they have all healthy ingredients in it. If you have over ripe bananas lying around, just make these cookies. It a great way to finish them and you also get to enjoy some tasty cookies. This is also one make ahead breakfast options that you can grab and go during busy mornings.
To make these oatmeal cookies, you basically need just 2 main ingredients - oatmeal and banana. You can just mix up these two and make cookies. You can also add up additional ingredients like dry fruits, nuts, chocolate chips, flavorings etc based on your preference and what you have on hand.
Recipe For Oatmeal Cookies
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Oats - 1 cup
- Ripe Bananas - 2 big or 3 small (about 1 cup mashed)
- Vanilla essence (or Cinnamon powder) - 1/2 tsp
- Chocolate Chips - 1 tbsp
- Raisins - 1 tbsp
- Flax Seeds - 1 tbsp
- Honey - 1 tbsp
- Melon Seeds - 1 tbsp
- Chia Seeds - 1 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F (180 degrees C).
- In a mixing bowl take the peeled bananas. Using a fork, mash it.
- Mix in the oats with it. These two ingredients are enough to make the cookies. You can add additional ingredients as per your personal preference.
- Now mix in some flavouring like vanilla essence or cinnamon powder as per your liking.
- Also, mix in other optional ingredients like the ones I have mentioned above. Today I have added some chocolate chips.
- Scoop out equal portions of the cookie dough on any baking pan. Shape it like a cookie as this doesn't spread much.
- Bake it for 15 minutes if your like the cookies chewy and for 20 minutes if your like it a little crispy.
- Remove the cookies and cool it for few minutes. Enjoy them immediately or store them in a air tight container for upto a week.
Serving Oatmeal Cookies
- Serve these cookies as a breakfast or evening snack with a cup of milk.
Below is the picture of oatmeal cookies made with raisins, cinnamon powder and flax seeds.
More Cookie Recipes