- Submitted by Dahlia
This Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookie is another perfect dish to make for valentines day. These are very simple to make but tastes delicious. It also makes a great treat during Christmas.
I have made this cookie with the ready made Red Velvet Cake mix. The cookies can be made in no time and is perfect to make for unexpected guests if you have the cake mix on hand.
Recipe For Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Red Velvet Cake Flour - 2 cups
- Egg - 1
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- White (or Dark) Chocolate Chips - 1.5 cups
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips. Combine together using a hand blender or just with hands.
- Finally mix in the chocolate chips.
- Make small balls out of the dough. Slightly flatten the balls. (Note : I added 2-3 chocolate chips on top for extra taste and a pretty look. After the cookies were baked, the chocolate chips were slightly golden brown in color. One of my friend suggested that I should add the chocolate chips on top as soon as the cookies come out of the oven instead of adding before baking. The cookies will still be soft to hold the chocolate chips. The warmth in the cookies will melt it slightly making it delicious. This way the chocolate chips will also retain its bright white color. Well if you are using dark chocolate chips don't bother about all this.)
- Place them on a lightly greased cookie sheet or any baking pan. Leave 1 " space between the cookies to give them enough space to expand.
- Bake in a 375 degree F (or 200 degree C) oven for 10 minutes.
- Bake the cookies in high power for 1 minute. If needed just keep for 30 seconds more.
- If you want to make Eggless Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies, just add 2-3 tbsp of butter more to replace the egg.
- Red velvet chocolate chip cake will be tasty even if it is served all by itself.
- Kids will love it as an evening snack along with a cup of milk
More Cookie Recipes