- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
Olan is made with red pumpin, long green chowli, red dried chowli with coconut milk and with little coconut oil.
Recipe For Olan
- 1/4 kg Red pumpkin sliced
- 2-3 Green chilly
- 1 cup Thick coconut milk
- 3-4 Long green chowli
- 3 tbsp Red chowli (soaked in water overnight)
- Salt - to taste
- 2 tsp Coconut oil
- Cook the sliced pumpkin, green chowly, green chilly with salt.
- Pressure cook the red chowli with little salt in cooker for one whistle.
- When the pumpkin is cooked, add the red chowli in it and mix well. Boil for a minute.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut oil and remove from gas. After adding coconut milk do not boil.
- It is an accompaniment for sambar typically made during sadya (feast).
More Sadya Recipe