- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 08-28-2012
(Banana Chips, Nentrankaya Upperi, Chifle)
Raw banana (Nentrankaya) - 3 nos
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Water - 1/2 cup
Salt - 1 tsp
Oil for frying
1. Peel the banana and immerse the same in turmeric water for 10-15 minutes. Remove and pat dry.
2. Directly slice the raw banana in hot oil.
3. When it is half cooked, add 1 tsp salt water.
4. When the bubbling sound stops, remove from the oil and put in paper napkin to remove excess oil.
5. Cool and keep it in airtight container.