- Submitted by Dahlia
Jump to recipe ↓
Chocolate Chip Cookies is a famous cookie from the United States of America. The cookies are made with flour, butter, white sugar, brown sugar and a lot of chocolate chips. When the cookie bakes, the chocolate chips melts slightly and makes it super tasty. The combination of white sugar and brown sugar also adds a nice flavour.
I often make this cookies as an after school snack. Kids enjoy it with a cup of milk.
Recipe For Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) - 2 1/4 cups
- Brown Sugar - 3/4 cup
- White Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Butter - 1 cup (2 sticks)
- Eggs - 2
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Baking Soda - 3/4 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Semi sweet chocolate chips - 1 cup
- Dark Chocolate (Chopped) - 1 cup
- Walnuts - 1 cup (optional)
- Take the dry ingredients - flour (maida), baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Take the butter, white sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Keep mixing it with a wooden stick or a hand blender till it becomes light and creamy.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time till it blends well with the butter-sugar mixture.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Combine to form a soft dough. Do not over mix.
- Mix in the chocolate chips, chopped dark chocolate and the walnuts (if adding) with the dough.
- Leave the cookie dough in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. This gives better results.
- Take a spoonful of the dough and drop it on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Leave some space in between for the cookies to expand.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 10-12 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove carefully from the cookie sheet and place on a cooling rack to cool. The cookies will be very soft at this stage and will harden once it cools.
- Store in an air tight container. The cookies taste excellent when they are still warm.
- Add 1 tsp of coffee powder while making the cookie dough for an added taste.
Serving Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Serve the sweet chocolate chip cookies with some milk. Yummy !!!!...
- It can also be served with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
More Cookies and Cake Recipes