- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
These are the days of celebration. In another 15 days, Dussera and after that it is Diwali. All are busy shopping and also wondering what to make? If you want to make something new, here is a recipe made out of seven items - Saat Vadi or Saptarangi or 7 Burfi. It is very easy to make and everyone will love to eat it.
Recipe For Saat Vadi
Cooking Time taken: Less than an hour.
Yields: 10-12 pcs.
- Besan (Chikpea Flour) - 1 cup
- Rava - 1 cup
- Grated Coconut - 1 cup
- Milk Powder - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Milk - 2 cups
- Nuts and Dry fruits - 3-4 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Grind the coconut in the mixer and keep aside.
- Melt the ghee and keep aside
- Melt the sugar with little (1-2 tbsp) water.
- In a mixing bowl, add the besan, grated coconut, rava, milk powder, milk, ghee and mix well.
- Add this mix to the sugar and cook it.
- Keep on stirring continuously till it starts leaving the kadai.
- Add the cardamom powder and half of the dry fruits, mix well and transfer it to greased plate.
- Sprinkle the remaining dry fruits.
- Cool it and cut into desired shapes.
Simple and yummy saat vadi (Saptarangi) is ready to serve.
Another very famous sweet similar to this is called the 7 cup sweet. That includes 1 cup Besan, 1 cup Coconut, 1 cup Ghee, 1 cup Milk and 3 cups of Sugar.The procedure for making it is the same. Try out both different variations. Do leave a comment and let us know which one was your favorite.
More Sweet Recipes