- Submitted by Dahlia
Jump to recipe ↓
How many of my online friends are ice-cream lovers? Well, I am a big Ice-cream fan. I love to enjoy the cool, creamy dessert after a spicy meal like Biryani. It is like a perfect ending for me. I never miss to have ice-creams during festivals or any special occasions.
On one of my birthday some 11 years back, my husband surprised me with an Ice-cream birthday cake. That was the first time I had tasted ice-cream cake. Before that I remember cutting a big big bar of ice-cream once for my birthday with my friends just for the fun of it. Ice-cream cake is basically shaped and decorated like a cake but has layers of cake and ice-cream, along with frosting and toppings.
After having tasted that, I wanted to make my own. I was waiting for a perfect occasion and tried this Snickers Ice-Cream Cake on my daughters birthday.The cake base is a chocolate cake which has a thick top layer of vanilla ice-cream. It is finished with a gerenous drizzle of chocolate, caramel syrup and some roasted peanuts. All these flavours are part of her favourite chocolate Snickers. It was a pleasant experience making the cake and eating it. More thrilling was the experience of capturing a photograph of the cake before it melted in the hot Chennai weather. You guys make this and enjoy too.
Recipe for Snickers Ice Cream Cake
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 45 minutes
Decoration Time: 20 minutes
Serves : 10-12
For the Cake
- All purpose flour (Maida) - 1 1/4 cups
- Cocoa powder - 3 tbsp
- Instant Coffee - 1 tbsp
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Butter - 1/2 cup
- Eggs - 2 big
- Vanilla extract - 2 tsp
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
For the Topping
- Vanilla Ice Cream - 1 kg
- Chocolate Syrup - as needed
- Caramel Syrup - as needed
- Roasted Peanuts - about 1/2 cup
For The Cake
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and instant coffee powder in a mixing bowl.
- Beat together the eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla essence.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together using an electric mixer or by hand.
- Transfer the contents to a 9" springform baking pan and bake for 30 - 45 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F (180 degree C). (Every oven differs. So the temperature and time also may change accordingly. Insert a toothpick in the centre. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.)
- Cool the cake completely before continuing.
Making the Ice Cream Cake
- Once the cake is cooled, spread the vanilla ice cream evenly over the top.
- Put some peanuts on top and then drizzle the caramel syrup and chocolate syrup.
- Cover with a plate and put it in the freezer for a couple of hours to set before serving.
Detailed Steps to make Snickers Ice Cream Cake
Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and instant coffee in a mixing bowl.
Cream together the eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla extract.
Once the mix becomes creamy, its time to add the dry ingredients.
Pass the dry ingredients through a sieve so that any lumps will be removed.
Mix everything together using a wooden spoon or an electric beater.
Transfer the contents to a 9" springform baking pan. Tap the pan to remove any air bubbles.
Bake for 30 - 45 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F (180 degree C). Insert a toothpick in the centre of the cake to check if it is done. Cool the cake completely before continuing.
Once the cake is cooled, slice the top to make it even. Spread a thick layer of the vanilla ice cream evenly on the top.
Top it with some roasted peanuts. Drizzle caramel syrup and chocolate syrup all over.
Cover with a plate that does not touch the surface of the cake and put it in the freezer for a couple of hours to set before serving.
More Cake Recipes