- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Solkadhi, Kokum kadhi)
Jump to recipe ↓
Sol Kadhi is a Maharashtrian special of Konkan Belt. It is the blend of kokum syrup and coconut milk. It can be had as an appetizer or after having a heavy lunch for digestive purpose. I love this because it has a different flavour and taste. Let us learn how to prepare this simple, easy and non cooking item. The kokum should be fresh to get the desired colour. In case the kokum is old, you can add little beetroot water in it.
Recipe For Sol Kadhi
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 Coconut grated
- 2 Green chillies
- 1 small piece of Ginger
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 cups of Water
- Little salt
- 5-6 Kokum soaked in water for 10 minutes.
- Chopped mint leaves and/or coriander leaves for garnishing
- Put all the items mentioned under A in the mixer and grind to a smooth paste.
- Strain it to get the coconut milk.
- Squeeze the kokum in the water and strain it.
- Add little by little to the coconut milk.
- Kokum is sour and is used instead of tamarind in many recipes. Hence check the sourness of the kadhi and add according to your taste.
- Garnish with chopped pudina (mint leaves) or coriander leaves.
- Serve the sol kadhi chilled or in normal room temperature as per your wish.
More Beverage Recipes