- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Verum Arici Dosa, Plain Rice Dosa, Dosa With Rice Alone)
This is one special variety of adai made with just rice. Normally, we call it verum arisi adai. It is mixed with drumstick leaves and made with til (sesame) oil. It is a mouthwatering dish.
I made a very plain rice adai with red rice to make it healthier. It could also be made with white rice. Drumstick leaves can be skipped if you do not have it.
Recipe for Verum Arisi Adai
Preparation time: 15 minutes + 4-5 hours soaking time
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Red Boiled Rice - 1 cup
- Drumstick leaves (optional) - handful (chopped)
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - as needed
- Wash and soak the rice for 4-5 hours. Grind to a smooth paste with salt.
- To make adai, the consistency should be of semi solid form. Mix the chopped drumstick leaves with it, if you have it on hand.
- Take a small amount of the batter in your hand and pat it on the tava.
- Make few holes in the middle of the adai and pour til (sesame) oil in it.
- Cook both the sides in slow gas till you get a crispy adai.
Serving Verum Arisi Adai
- Enjoy the crispy verum arisi adai with manga thoku, chutney or sambar.
- You can also make plain dosa with the batter. To make plain dosa, the batter should be little thinner in consistency. Only then it can be spread thin like regular dosa.
More Dosa & Adai Recipes