- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Yellow Moongdal Dosa)
When you break your head for snack what to prepare, this can be handy. Piping hot moong dal dosa with any kind of chutney, sauce is mouth watering.
Recipe For Making Moong Dal Dosa
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- Moong dal - 250 gms
- Rice - 50 gms
- Ginger - 1 small piece
- Green chilies - 3-4 (or according to taste)
- Coriander leaves (Cilantro) - finely chopped (handful)
- Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomato - 1 (finely chopped)
- Salt - to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Oil - to make dosas
- Wash and soak the moongdal and rice for 1-2 hrs.
- Grind to a fine paste along with ginger and green chilly.
- Add salt, chopped onion, green coriander, asafoetida, tomato and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Heat a griddle and make dosas like you make the normal dosa. Serve hot with any kind of chutney/sauce.
- Either you can make the dosas immediately or you can keep the batter for 5-6 hours for fermentation before making.
With the remaining batter, I made moong dal dhokla. For that grease a plate and add the batter in it. Steam for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool. Season with mustard seeds and white sesame seeds and add it to the dhokla. Cut into diamond shapes. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves, grated coconut and little bit red chilli powder and serve with sweet chutney. This dhokla will be little dense and not have the structure of Khaman dhokla since I have not used baking powder or fermented the batter. I have not tried with baking soda as I do not like to use such items and use it very rarely.
More Dosa Recipes