- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Suran Vada, Chenna Vada, Kaunaikilangu Vadai, Yam Pattice)
Jump to recipe ↓
Yam patty is a light snack with a cup of tea in rainy season. who will not enjoy? Try and enjoy yourself with your family and friends.
Yam is a good source of energy, contains carbohydrates and soluble dietary fiber.. In addition, dietary fiber helps reduce constipation, decrease bad (LDL) cholesterol levels by binding to it in the intestines and prevent colon cancer risks by preventing toxic compounds in the food from adhering to colon mucosa.The tuber is excellent source of B-complex group of vitamins.
Recipe For Yam Patties
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
Shelf life: Best served hot
- ½ kg Yam boiled and smashed (pressure cook)
- 1 tsp Paste of ginger, green chilli and garlic (adjust according to your choice)
- ½ cup Finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 Small onion finely chopped (optional)
- 4 Slices of bread (I used brown bread)
- Lime juice of half lime (adjust)
- Salt as required
- Oil for frying.
- Mix all the ingredients well and make a dough of it.
- Make small balls of it and flatten the same on your palm.
- Deep fry and serve hot with chutney or sauce.
- You can serve like Ragada Patties.
- You can also shallow fry the same.
More Yam Recipes