- Submitted by raji ramakrishnan
Kothimbir Wadi is a savory snack made by steaming and frying dumplings made with gram flour and coriander leaves.
Recipe For Kothimbir Wadi
- Besan (Gram Flour) - 1 cup
- Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) (chopped) - 2 cups
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- White Sesame Seeds (roasted) - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Turmeric Powder - a pinch
- Salt - to taste
- Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Water - as needed
- Oil - for frying
- Take a bowl and mix in the besan, coriander leaves, salt, baking soda, turmeric powder, hing (asafoetida) powder.
- Add water and mix the ingredients into a pouring consistency.
- Heat a kadai, heat 2 tsp oil and pour in the mixure and mix again.
- Take a plate, grease the same and pour the mixture in it. Steam the same for 15 minutes on high flame. check whether it is cooked properly with a skewer.
- Cool it, cut it and deep fry. Kothimbir wadi is ready to serve.
- serve the hot kothimbir wadi with chutney. I like it with mint chutney.
More Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) Recipes