- Submitted by E.B.Beryl
Jump to recipe ↓
I have seen the Chestnuts in a lot of vegetable shops. I never tried them for a long time as I had no idea about these awesome nuts. One day one of my friends told me about these nuts. So I thought of getting some and trying at home. To my surprise, it turned out to be so tasty. My kids (especially my daughter who is a picky eater) enjoyed it. If you get a chance, do buy this. Do not hesitate to try these boiled chestnuts as a tasty snack.
Recipe For Boiled Chestnuts
- Chestnuts: 1/2 kg
- Salt: as required
- Water: as required
- Wash the Chestnuts in water and make a small slit using a knife.
- Put the Chestnuts in a pressure cooker and pour enough water to cover the Chestnuts.
- Add some salt.
- Cover and cook for about 4 whistles.
- Wait till the pressure is released fully and then drain them using a colander. Do not leave them in the water for a long time. Drain them immediately.
- The chestnuts are ready to eat now.
- Peel the outer skin and enjoy the nut inside as a snack.
More Nut Recipes