- Submitted by Dahlia
Jump to recipe ↓
Chapati pizza is a delicious fusion dish that kids will enjoy. This combines the flavors of traditional Indian chapati with the toppings of a classic pizza. Instead of giving roti sabzi, this dish makes the whole meal interesting. I also make this with leftover rotis. You can make just plain cheese chapathi or add toppings and make it like a pizza. Here's a simple recipe for making chapati pizza.
Recipe For Chapathi Pizza
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
For Chapati Dough
- Whole wheat flour (atta) – 2 cups
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Water - as needed for making dough
For Pizza Toppings
- Pizza sauce – ½ cup
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – ½ cup
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – ½ cup
- Pizza Toppings - as needed (bell peppers, onions, olives, mushrooms, etc.)
- Red chili flakes – 1 tsp
- Dried oregano - 1 tsp
- Olive oil - as needed (for brushing)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the atta and salt. Gradually add water and knead to form a smooth dough.
- Let the dough rest for about 15 minutes.
- Take a small lemon sized portion of the dough and roll it out into a thin chapati.
- Place the rolled-out chapati on a preheaed grill. Keep the flame on the lowest setting,
- Cook for a minute until the bottom is slightly cooked. Flip the chapathi and now you can add the toppings.
- Spread a thin layer of olive oil and then spread pizza sauce evenly over the chapati.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top of the sauce.
- Add your favorite pizza toppings or whatever you have on hand. I have added olives.
- Sprinkle some red chili flakes and dried oregano for on top.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the chapati crust is cooked crispy and the cheese is melted on top.
- Remove the chapati pizza carefully, let it cool for a minute, slice it into wedges and serve hot.
- Repeat the process for the remaining portions of dough. Enjoy tasty homemade chapati pizza.
More Roti Recipes