- Submitted by Dahlia
Jump to recipe ↓
Dalgona coffee is a trending beverage which became viral in all social media, especially after the 2020 total lock down due to Corona Virus Pandemic. It is actually quite similar to whipped coffee that has been made in India for ages. I read in the internet that a Korean actor tasted the whipped coffee found its taste similar to a Korean toffee candy called Dalgona. He put it up in his social media and it became viral.
In our website whatsapp group, we had a Dalgona coffee making challenge recently. That’s when I decided to make and post the recipe. Instant coffee powder and sugar is whipped up with some water until it becomes creamy. It is then served over chilled milk. In most recipes, I saw that sugar, coffee powder and hot water are taken in equal quantities. However, I found that to be too strong for our Indian taste buds. We are used to drinking our coffee sweet. So I increased the sugar. Also, I like to sweeten the milk. Let’s see the recipe now.
Video Instructions for making Homemade Whipped Coffee
Recipe For Dalgona Coffee
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: NIL
- Instant Coffee (any brand) - 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 3 to 4 tbsp
- Hot Water - 2 tbsp
- Chilled Milk – as required
- Ice Cubes – 4 or 5
- Extra sugar – as needed
- In a bowl, take instant coffee powder, sugar and hot water.
- Start whipping with a hand whisk or an electric blender.
- With a hand blender it takes about 7-8 minutes. If you use a hand held whisk, it will take 12-15 minutes to become creamy and thick.
- Take ice cubes in a serving glass. Add sweetened chilled milk in the cup. Leave some space on top to put the whipped coffee.
- Spoon some (about 2 tbsp) of the whipped coffee over the milk. Swirl it with a spoon to make a beautiful presentation. Sprinkle some coffee powder or cocoa powder over top.
- Using a straw mix it up while you enjoy this delicious cold coffee.
- You can make this with hot milk too. It will be like cappuccino.
- This whipped coffee can be made in a big batch and stored in the refrigerator for upto a week. This way you can make dalgona coffee or cappuccino any time.
More Beverage Recipes