- Submitted by Dahlia
(Whipped Coffee, Beaten Coffee)
Jump to recipe ↓
Whipped Coffee or Beaten Coffee has been made in India for many many years. It is especially popular in ladies hostels. My friend made this for me during my college days too. We used to whip up some instant coffee powder with sugar and some water in a cup using just a spoon. After beating for some time, it used to become frothy and light in colour. On further beating, the mix will become creamy. During the process, the aroma of coffee will fill the room. It is very difficult to continue whipping. But if you continue whipping for 12-15 minutes, you will get a pale coloured cream. At any point, we can add hot milk and gently mix. You will have a delicious whipped coffee.
Nowadays, most of us have electric hand blender at home. It makes whipping quite easy. You can whip up the mix till it become thick and creamy. Then mix it up with hot milk. This is how yo make the perfect homemade cappuccino.
Video Instructions for making Homemade Whipped Coffee
Recipe For Cappuccino
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 minutes (to heat milk)
- Instant Coffee (any brand) - 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 3 to 4 tbsp
- Hot Water - 2 tbsp
- Hot Milk – 1.5 cups
- Take instant coffee powder, sugar and hot water in a bowl.
- Start whipping with a hand whisk or an electric hand held blender.
- The mixture should become pale in colour, creamy and thick. If you use a hand blender it takes about 7-8 minutes. If you use a hand held whisk or spoon, it will take more time (about 12-15 minutes).
- Take about 2 tbsp of the whipped coffee in a coffee mug.
- Pour hot milk over it.
- Top with some more whipped coffee and sprinkle some coffee powder as garnish. Your homemade cappuccino is ready.
- You can make a big batch of this whipped coffee, store in the refrigerator for upto a week and make cappuccino any time.
- The same whipped coffee can be used to make Dalgona coffee.
More Beverage Recipes