- Submitted by Dahlia
(Balloon Vine Leaves Dosa)
Jump to recipe ↓
In Tamilnadu there are so many greens that are used as a part of daily menu. All these have many health benefits too. Among the many greens, one greens that is especially good for joint pains is Mudakathan Keerai (Balloon Vine Leaves). This Keerai has many anti fungal, anti bacterial and anti arthritis properties. This keerai has a slight bitterness and it is usually combined with other ingredients to mask this bitterness. It is combined with dals to make kootu, sambar or adai. Another popular way of consuming this keerai in the form of dosai. The recipe that I am sharing is not the one made from scratch but using regular dosa batter. This method is especially convenient when you want to make Mudakathan Keerai Dosai just once and do not want a whole batch of green batter.
Recipe For Mudakathan Keerai Dosai
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Idli/Dosa Batter – 2 cups
- Mudakathan Keerai (Balloon Vine Leaves) – 1 packet (about 2 cups)
- Green Chilies – 3-4
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Wash and dry the mudakathan keerai leaves.
- Take these leaves in a mixie jar along with green chilies and cumin seeds. Grind it to a paste with very little water if needed.
- Mix this paste with the idli batter till it is well combined. Add salt and water to the batter if required.
- Heat a tawa and pour a ladle full of batter, spread it like regular dosa, drizzle few drops of gingelly oil all around and let it cook till one side browns.
- Flip the dosa and cook the other side for just a minute. Mudakathan keerai dosai is ready to be served.
More Balloon Vine & Other Greens Recipes