- Submitted by Trupti
(Nachni ghavan, Instant Ragi neer dosa)
Jump to recipe ↓
Here is a quick recipe for preparing healthy Nachani Ghavan, otherwise called as Ragi dosa in India. You can have these finger millet crepes as a tasty and healthy breakfast or dinner. It can be made instantly with no much pre-planning.
Recipe for Nachni Ghavan
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Ragi atta - 1.5 cup
- Rice atta - 1/2 cup
- Khatta Dahi - 1/4 cup
- Rava (zero number) - 2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Cumin seeds (jeera) - 1/2 tsp (or to taste)
- Water - 3 cups roughly
- Mix all the ingredients (everything except water) together and keep stirring try to break lumps.
- Add water in batches to make a smooth batter. Consistency should be slightly thin than regular dosa batter.
- Keep it aside for 5-7 minutes.
- Heat a tava, grease with oil and pour the mixture in a circular way.
- Drizzle few drops of oil and cover for 1-2 minutes.
- Flip and cook without cover for 1-2 minutes and take out. Hot nachani ghavan is ready to be served.
Serving Nachani Ghavan
- Serve the nachani ghavan hot with chutney or ghee.
More Ragi (Finger Millet) Recipes