- Submitted by Trupti
(Thandalachi Bhakri, Maharashtrian Rice Flour Roti, Rice Flour Bhakri)
Jump to recipe ↓
Tandalachi Bhakri or Rice Roti is staple Maharashtrian flat bread made from rice flour. Similar rotis are made in South, also known as Pathiri. It has very few ingredients and easy to prepare. This rice flour bhakri tastes good with non-veg curries. Vegetarians can have with vegetable curries. The Bhakri requires some practice to make perfectly.These rotis are soft and tasty. Do give it a try.
Recipe for Tandalachi Bhakri
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Coking Time: 20 minutes
- Rice flour - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Take 1 cup of water, boil it. Add 1 cup rice flour, stir quickly and switch off the gas.
- Cover it with lid for 3-4 min, this is called uokada. Let this cool a bit.
- Now knead the dough for at least 9-10 minutes till it become soft and smooth.
- Take a big lemon size ball and roll with hands or rolling pin.
- Roast bhakari on tava from both sides. Tandalachi bhakri is ready to be served.
Serving Tandalachi Bhakri
More Roti Recipes