- Submitted by Radhika
(Mixed Seafood Curry)
Jump to recipe ↓
South Indian Seafood Medley Curry is a traditional curry made with mixed seafood that can include fish, squid, shrimp, crab etc.
Recipe For Seafood Medley Curry
- Fish - 1 lb (app. 1/2 kg)
- Shrimp - 1 lb
- (You can also add other seafood like squid, scallops etc.)
- Onion (Big) - 1/2 (chopped)
- Green Chillies - 4
- Tamarind - 100 gm
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chilly Powder - 3 tsp
- Corriander Powder - 3 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 1 tbsp +1 tbsp
- Cilantro - for garnishing
- Fennel Powder - 1 tsp
- Tomato - 1 big (or 2 small)
- Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
- Grind the tomatoes, coconut and fennel powder to a fine paste. Keep this aside.
- Soak the tamarind in about 2 cups of water for about 10 minutes and extract its pulp.
- Mix the chilly powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder with this pulp and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a wide pan or clay pot. Sauté the onions and green chillies till they turn golden brown.
- Add the spiced up tamarind pulp to this and bring it to a boil.
- Add the fish and shrimp pieces to the gravy.
- Add the ground coconut-tomato paste and required salt to the gravy.
- Bring it to a boil, reduce the flame and let it simmer till the oil separates from the gravy.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in another pan and fry the fenugreek seeds.
- Add this tempering to the gravy and switch off.
- Garnish with cilantro. Seafood Medley Curry is ready to be served
- Serve the hot seafood medley curry with white rice.
More Seafood Recipes