- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Musambi Achaar, Sathukudi Urugai)
I purchased sweet lime which was very sour in taste. so i decided to make use of it by making this lovely pickle.
Recipe For Sweet Lime Pickle
- Sweet lime - 1
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp or as per requirement
- Mustard seed dhalia - 1 tsp ( You get the dal of mustard seed in other words split mustard seed)
- vinegar - 1 tsp
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Mustard seed - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Asafoetida - pinch
- Finely chop the sweet lime and remove the seeds.
- Put in a jar, add salt, sugar, chilli powder, vinegar and keep for a day.
- Next day temper the ingredients in it. Make sure that the oil should be above the level of the contents.
- Occasionally stir the same.
- After 15 days, the skin of the lime will be very soft. It is ready to eat.
More Pickle Recipes