- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Kuzhambu Millagai Thool, Curry Powder)
Recipe For Kuzhambu Podi
- Urad dal (Black Gram) - 1 cup
- Moong dal (Green Gram) - 1 cup (You can replace with tur dal, chana dal or masoor dal)
- Corriander Seeds - 1 cup
- Raw Rice - 1/2 cup
- Dry Red Chillies - 10 (increase/decrease as per your choice)
- Cumin seeds - 2 tsp
- Black Pepper - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek (methi) seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - handful
- Dry roast all the above ingredients seperately.
- Cool and grind to a fine smooth powder.
You can use it for any kind of curry viz. sambar, vathakuzhampu, rasam etc. It is very useful to make instant sambar, rasam, vathalkuzhampu.
Since it has got the thickening capacity, no need to add boiled dal to thicken the curry. If you still want, you can use it.
More Spice Mix Recipes