- Submitted by Dahlia
(Kheema Paratha, Qeema Paratha)
Kheema Paratha is a variation of stuffed paratha made with spiced up minced meat. Any meat like chicken, turkey, beef, lamb or pork can be used. For a vegetarian version (soya paratha) use soya granules which is readily available in the market. If not, just boil some soya chunks and grind it in the mixie.
Recipe For Keema Paratha
- Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
- Yogurt - 3 tblsp
- Oil/ Ghee - for making parathas
- Ground meat (ground chicken, turkey, beef, lamb or pork) - 1/2 lb (For a vegetarian version, use soya granules or grind the soya chunks at home.)
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 1/2 (minced)
- Green Chillies- 3 (minced)
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Ajwain - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Garam masala - a pinch
- Cilantro - handful (finely chopped)
- Salt - to taste
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Rolled out paratha
- Heat the oil in pan on medium heat, add the cumin seeds and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the finely chopped/minced onions and fry till they turn golden brown colour.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add the minced meat (or soya granules) and all the spice powders(i.e coriander, cumin, garam masala and salt). (If using soya granules, first soak it in boiling water for 10 minutes brfore adding)
- Saute the meat/soya granules to brown it stirring continuously to prevent burning. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- The stuffing is ready to use.
For Keema Paratha
- Knead the dough just like chapatti dough.
- Take lemon sized balls of both dough and the stuffing.
- Roll out the dough ball and place the stuffing ball in the center.
- Bring the edges of the rolled out chapatti to the center and seal it so that the dough covers the stuffing like an envelope.
- Roll it out again with hand or using a rolling pin. Use some oil or flour to avoid sticking.
- Roast it on a tawa or griddle with little ghee/oil.
- Serve with yogurt (mixed with kala namak and chilli powder), pickle and papad.
More Paratha, Chappatti and Roti Recipes