- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Adai with sprouted whole grains)
Jump to recipe ↓
Mixed Sprouts Adai is a healthy healthy variation of traditional adai from South India that is made with a combination of rice, dalia (broken wheat), and sprouts. This recipe is perfect for those who are looking for a healthy and delicious tiffin option.
The adais are made by grinding soaked rice, dalia, sprouts, red chilli, asafoetida, and salt into a smooth paste, which is then cooked on a non-stick pan until it turns golden brown. The result is a crispy, savory adai that is packed with protein, fiber, and other essential nutrients.
Mixed sprouts adai is a versatile dish that can be served with a variety of accompaniments, such as jaggery, homemade butter, chutney, or moru kootan.
Overall, Mixed Sprouts Adai is a nutritious and flavorful recipe that is easy to make and perfect for those who are looking for a healthy and delicious alternative to traditional breakfast or snack options.
Recipe For Mixed Sprouts Adai
- Mixed sprouts - 250 gms
- Rice - 1 cup
- Dalia (broken wheat/lapsi) - 1 cup
- Red chilli - 6 nos
- Asafoeitida - a pinch
- Salt - to taste
- Begin by soaking the rice and dalia in water for two hours.
- After two hours, drain the water and add the soaked rice and dalia to a mixer/grinder.
- Add the sprouts, red chilli, asafoetida, and salt to the mixer/grinder.
- Grind all the ingredients until they form a smooth paste called adai batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and add a few drops of oil.
- Take a spoonful of the adai batter and spread it evenly on the pan to make an adai.
- Cook until the edges turn golden brown, then flip and cook the other side.
- Repeat this process with the remaining batter to make more adais.
- Serve the adai hot with jaggery, homemade butter, chutney, or moru kootan on the side.
This recipe is both healthy and delicious, making it a great option for those who want to enjoy a tasty meal without compromising on their health.
More Adai Recipes